In 2014, three young Venetians had a bold and brilliant idea: to restore traditional Venetian boats and use them to teach “voga alla veneta” (the traditional venetian way of rowing) and “vela al terzo” (traditional sailing). Voga alla veneta is a different way to discover the city, from its low canals towards the top, everything changes: water reflections, architecture and sound. It is the perfect experience for you if you want to:
- Embody the most famous symbol of Venice, a “gondoliere“, with that type of rowing that made them famous in all the latitudes in the world.
- Find out about Venetian nautical traditions, and the tricks that local rowers have been jealously cherishing for all these years.
- Finish an exciting day like the Venetian do: looking at the orange sunset enjoying and drink.
VENETIAN ROWING EXPERIENCE
- 1. Voga Via: the typical introduction to rowing, guided by an experienced instructor. Duration: 1 hour and a half.
- 2. Voga Via Friends and Family: to share the experience with more people Duration: 2 hours and a half.
- 3. Voga Via By Night: our favourite, it can include a stop in a traditional tavern. Duration: 1 hour and a half.
- 4. Traditional Sailing: to explore the length and breadth of the lagoon. Individual or group classes. Duration: 1 hour and a half.
- 5. Traditional Sailing Friends and Family: the longest and most complete experience, either sailing or rowing. Duration: 4 hours.